Announcements – 10/5/2018
by Dominic Veltri ·
Block Island Camping trip – Saturday, 10/6 thru Monday, 10/8.
- We will meet at the troop trailer at Mill Pond at 9am & leave by 9:30am. Approximate travel time is 2 hrs and 45 minutes. Planned return is 2pm Monday back in Somers.
- We will take the ferry from Pt Judith to Block Island. The round trip ticket cost is $25. We need checks made payable to Somers Troop 376 from Mr. Cassin, Mr. Faller, Mr. DiLorenzo and Mr. White.
- Permission Slips are required from Mr. Faller & Mr DiLorenzo – available on our website from link on the left side.
- Bring lunch for Saturday afternoon. We will be cooking Saturday night dinner, Sunday morning breakfast, Sunday dinner and Monday breakfast. Please bring money for Sunday’s lunch and some extra spending money. We suggest $20 minimum but will be at your discretion.
- The troop has paid for bike rentals for Sunday. If you have a bike helmet, feel free to bring it. If not, the bike rental shop will provide helmets. It is important to note that all bike riders MUST wear a helmet while biking.
- For recommended packing list see Troop email sent October 3rd. We will be camping in a traditional scout camp site but we will be hiking in from the ferry – approximately a mile from the ferry to the campsite (30 minute hike) so use your backpacks!
- Cell Phones will be allowed on this campout during the day for picture taking and for communication with adult leaders. They are not to be used when we return to the campsite.