Announcements – 10/19/2018
Grass Cutting @ Todd Cemetery – Friday, October 19th at 5:30pm bring mowers, rakes, trimmers, blowers, tarps, gloves & water.
Next Troop Meeting / Fall Court of Honor
Tuesday, Oct 23th 7:00pm at the Church of the Good Shepherd. Scouts are required to wear full Class A uniforms w/ neckerchief & slide, belts, shoes (no sneakers please).
Refreshments will follow award ceremony … all scouts are requested to bring a light snack / refreshment to share; please do not over buy:
- Scouts with last names starting in A thru M please bring cookies, donuts or cake, pretzels or chips
- Scouts with last names starting in N thru S please bring a beverage item
- Scouts with last names starting with T thru Z please bring paper goods: small cold cups, small plates or napkins.
Troop Annual Dues
The Troop has set annual dues for 2019 at $150 per Scout with a sibling discount of $20 per Scout for Scout siblings. This helps cover the increased registration fee we pay to the Westchester Putnam Council & BSA (which was $37 per Scout for 2018 and increased to $64 for 2019), offsets increased costs the Troop has seen over the past 2 years and will allow us to continue to support the many activities and events we run throughout the year. As a cost saving measure we will NOT renew any Boys Life Magazine subscriptions unless specifically asked – Boys Life is available online at boyslife.org.
We will begin collecting these annual dues at the Court of Honor on Tuesday
Please make checks payable to Somers Troop 376.
Troop Raffle Sales
The Troop’s annual raffle sales drive was kicked off this week and raffle tickets were distributed to ALL Scouts at Tuesday’s Troop meeting. All Scouts are requested to sell a minimum of $60 in raffle tickets. This is the only fundraiser the Troop runs and all proceeds help support our Troop activities. If you have not received your raffle tickets please see us on Tuesday. We have set 3 Raffles sale dates for Scouts to attend and sell their tickets … Raffle drawing is Tuesday December 11th, ALL tickets must be returned by then. Additional tickets are available if needed and prizes will be issued to Scouts who sell the most tickets.
The Troop is looking to place an order for Troop Hoodies. We have 20 ordered from scouts & parents and need 4 more to place an order.
If you are interested please complete the attached order form and bring it with you to the Court of Honor. Hoodie Order Form
The Troop Calendar has been updated to reflect recent changes and adjustments.
You can download the updated calendar here –> Troop 2018-2019 Calendar rev 10-19-18
Updates are as follows:
- West Point Football October 20th is canceled.
- Raffle Sales Day November 3rd has been rescheduled to Dec 1st
- November Campout to Boston is moved from Nov 30th – Dec 2nd to November 2nd thru November 4th
Additional Troop Events for October
- Michael Rivera Eagle Project Workdays – Saturday 10/20 12 noon – 4pm, Sunday 10/21 9am to 4pm at Ivandell Cemetery. Contact Michael for additional details.
- Riley Westerman Eagle Project Workdays – Friday 10/26 3pm to 4:30pm, Sunday 10/28 10am to 12 noon at Reis Park. Contact Riley for additional details.
- Connor Westerman Eagle Project Workdays – Friday 10/26 4:30pm to 6pm, Sunday 10/28 12noon to 2pm at Reis Park. Contact Connor for additional details.
- Sunday, Oct 28th Jack Hannan Eagle Project Pasta Dinner Fundraiser 5:30 -7:30pm at the Amawalk Firehouse, Tickets are $10 per person. Contact Jack for tickets or additional details.