Annoucements – 10/12/2018
Next Troop Meeting is Tuesday, Oct 16th 7:30pm at SMS. Scouts will have an opportunity to work on Rank Advancement signoff & completing Merit Badge open requirements with Sr. Scouts, Leaders & available MB Counselors. Scouts should bring their handbooks and any completed Merit Badge items they would like reviewed to the meeting.
Next Troop Committee Meeting is Thursday, Oct 18th at 7:30pm at the Church of the Good Shepherd … all parents are encouraged to attend.
Due to lack of interest … the West Point Football game scheduled as a Troop event for Saturday, Oct 20th is canceled.
Troop Annual Dues – The Westchester Putnam Council & BSA have recently advised the Troop that the annual enrollment fee per Scout has been increased from $37 per year to $64 for 2019 and will increase again to $91 in 2020. This fee covers enrollment in the BSA, insurance, Boys Life subscription and the cost of other activities and programs. The Troop has typically had annual enrollment dues of $100 per Scout which will need to increase accordingly. The Committee will set the dues needed per Scout at the Committee Meeting next week and we will start collecting at the Court of Honor on Tuesday, 10/23 – additional details will follow.
Troop Hoodies – the Troop is looking to place an order for Troop Hoodies … we have orders from scouts who requested one in the Spring but needed a few more to meet the minimum order requirement … a separate email will be sent with additional details and an order form.
Calendar Changes … please read
- West Point Football October 20th is canceled.
- Raffle Sales Day November 3rd will be rescheduled.
- November Campout is moved from Nov 30th – Dec 2nd to November 2nd thru November 4th.
Additional Troop Events:
- Sunday, Oct 28th Jack Hannan Eagle Project Pasta Dinner Fundraiser 5:30 -7:30pm at the Amawalk Firehouse, Tickets are $10 per person. Contact Jack for tickets or additional details.
- Riley Westerman Eagle Project Workdays – Friday 10/26 3pm to 4:30pm, Sunday 10/28 10am to 12 noon at Reis Park. Contact Riley for additional details.
- Connor Westerman Eagle Project Workdays – Friday 10/26 4:30pm to 6pm, Sunday 10/28 12noon to 2pm at Reis Park. Contact Connor for additional details.